FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Points Guy: We never accept free flights [merged TPG discussions]
Old Jul 19, 2015, 7:34 am
sbm12
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by SJC AA
Why? Why would I read the site any more?

I know that the content is crap so I don't bother. There is nothing insightful, unique or valuable coming out so I save my time and energy and ignore it. I cannot think of the last time I went to the TPG site.

What I don't understand is why more people - especially the ones here kvetching - don't do the same.
Originally Posted by glennaa11
Personally I find most "trip reports" that only focus on the airport lounges, airplane seat, food, and big chain hotels pretty boring. The destination is much more important to me. The F or even C seat on airline X is pretty much the same whatever the route. Same with lounges. And generic big chain hotels. But I guess there must be people out there who do care about that sort of thing for some reason.
There are absolutely people who care about that stuff. But this is also why I would never call most of the people writing points & programs "travel bloggers" as they do not really cover what most of travel is about.