FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Maui - Starwood, Marriott, or Ritz Carlton
Old Mar 19, 2003, 2:24 pm
MOXJO7282

I don't want to tell you what to do for your honeymoon, but that is a really bad way to use your points. 250K points can get you 120K skymiles, 7 night stay at a cat 6 Marriott hotel, a 25% off hertz cert ans 100 minue phone card. I think the package is a #087.

And besides I've been to both the Maui Marriott and the Ritz, and while the Ritz is more "luxurious" the Marriott is by far a better spot for honeymooners. The Kaanapali beach area is fantastic. The Marriott has a beautiful beach walkway, to many of the other great resorts, and also a ton of great restuarants, including the whaler's village, which is 1/4 mile away. You are also, about a 1/4 from famous Front St. with many great eateries and more shops. The pool at the Marriott is one of the best in Hawaii.

In my opinion, I would really rethink using the points in the fashion you're suggested. Not only are you not getting the best value from your points, in my opinion your are choosing the wrong resort.

Regards.
Joe