FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Seychelles & Fregate
View Single Post
Old Jul 16, 2015, 11:32 am
pauljeff

Programs: BA GGL
Seychelles & Fregate

Hi there,

We're thinking of going to the Seychelles for a couple of weeks in late September. I'm slightly surprised to see that it seems to be the cheapest period of the year for Fregate from 1st July-30th September despite wikipedia suggesting that its quite a decent period to go ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seychelles#Climate )

We're both late-20s and its just the two of us travelling. My better half is unlikely to want to do too much so we're unlikely to leave whatever resort we're in and are probably there more for R&R than any 'cultural' toursim.

In terms of other options - it looks like Desroches is changing owners after the end of the year- this makes me a bit reluctant to go for it as I guess the resort may be winding down a bit.

Other than that obviously I've heard of North Island and see the relevant thread on FT and there are the obvious (larger) choices of Banyan Tree / FS. Are there any other good small-ish options that I should be considering? There's a lot of stuff written out there and plenty of top tens of people's seychelles resorts but very little in the way of genuine inter-property comparisons...

Thanks,

Paul