Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seychelles & Fregate

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2015, 3:31 pm
DSI
formerly declinespecificinformatiom

FS Seychelles is totally different than Fregate. If someone were comparing the service and rooms I think that they'd be missing the point, which is that one is a villa on a private wildlife reserve and the other is a large chain.

In speaking with several of the large Seychelles wholesalers I consistently heard that Maia was better than the FS, and PaulJeff provided an excellent comparison and may be the only person to have done both and actually experience Fregate.
Old Oct 19, 2015, 2:54 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by declinespecificinformation
FS Seychelles is totally different than Fregate. If someone were comparing the service and rooms I think that they'd be missing the point, which is that one is a villa on a private wildlife reserve and the other is a large chain.

In speaking with several of the large Seychelles wholesalers I consistently heard that Maia was better than the FS, and PaulJeff provided an excellent comparison and may be the only person to have done both and actually experience Fregate.
Thank you. It's the comparison with North Island that really interests me. Very few on this forum seem to have visited.
Old Oct 19, 2015, 3:23 am

Originally Posted by Londonjetsetter
Thank you. It's the comparison with North Island that really interests me. Very few on this forum seem to have visited.
Providing you don't mind waiting 6 months, I'll be happy to do it.
Old Nov 5, 2015, 11:53 pm

Programs: United global services, BA gold,
Loved North Island. We have bend to FS, Fregate and North Island. I would rank them in this order:

1. North Island
2. Fregate
3. Four Seasons ( and not close)
Old Nov 6, 2015, 11:11 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Larkin
Loved North Island. We have bend to FS, Fregate and North Island. I would rank them in this order:

1. North Island
2. Fregate
3. Four Seasons ( and not close)
Also the same order in terms of price points, with #3 less than 50%+ from #2 even after accounting for all-inclusive.
Old Nov 6, 2015, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sfoactuary
#3 less than 50%+ from #2 even after accounting for all-inclusive.
€2606 (+€530 nye dinner) FS over xmas/nye (entry level villa - garden view) 7 nt min
€2900 fregate new low season

scuba divers can get a lot of value out of north, not sure how much

will be interesting to see entry rate for six senses seychelles

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Nov 6, 2015 at 8:31 pm
Old Nov 6, 2015, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
2606 (+530 nye dinner) FS over xmas/nye (garden view) 7 nt min
Would never book a garden view, this Villas are neither really private nor attractive located. I would only consider them with kids (Hilltop can be dangerous) IF you are ready to stay with them in one room.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 12:05 am

I am currently at Fregate. Will try to post some updates over the next few days.

So far we like it. No complaints regarding the food so far but we’ve only had dinner last night. The crab/cucumber starter was a big hit.

The price tag has seriously increased though, compared to the quotes above (2015). Current rate is 4080 EUR and this is a summer promo, not even the regular rate.

For Seychelles: best time of year (climate) is June/July and in terms of pricing this is low/shoulder season in general. This is mainly because the typical tourist (Europeans) prefer to travel to Seychelles out of the European summer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.