FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United PQDs and Ultimate Rewards...
View Single Post
Old Jul 16, 2015, 8:25 am
Artemk

Programs: UA, HH
Originally Posted by emcampbe
Wanted to report my recent experience. I just bought a ticket through the UR site on UA, for both the wife and I, as I wanted to split using points and cash, so paid 50% in UR points, 50% in cash (well, with CC, but you get the point).

At least for me, the tickets appear to be a regular, published UA fare. Not only because the price is the same as United.com (since this alone doesn't guarantee it is published...bulk fares can be priced exactly like published fares for, among other things, competitive reasons). But also, the amount of the ticket shows up on my receipt (as paid for by a Visa with the last 4 digits I have no idea what they are...assuming this is a CC UR uses to cover the cost), and the mileage earning section shows my projected earnings, including RDM, PQM and PQD, just as if I had bought the ticket on a CC from the UA site. This is another reason I wanted to do this through UR...while buying one ticket in points after transferring to UA would have been less miles, I wanted the benefits we both get for a paid ticket, primarily the ability to earn those PQM which I will need for qualification next year, plus the CPU eligibility doesn't hurt. So it looks like for me, all should be good.
Well, good to hear, hope it works out. Please report after everything posts to your account.