FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LUS: Who flew last US flight? (US 1939 Lv SFO 10 pm 16 Oct 2015)
Old Jul 16, 2015, 6:36 am
arlflyer

Originally Posted by MrAndy1369
I know this may seem weird, but despite the predominant cheapness that US is, I'll kind of miss it. I've seen some really cool flight attendants and dedicated employees in the system, and US was (almost) always good to me when needed. Even got an op-up to F (a SFO-PHL redeye) due to overbooking unexpectedly as a non-elite. One time, a FA kindly slipped me a free BoB meal without me asking.

I also always liked the US branding and website... simple and clean-looking.
I agree. US was a workhorse airline, especially for us here in DC. Nothing fancy about it, but everything was functional. FAs are generally much better than AA. Upgrades were easier for mid-tier elites. Flights were generally on time.

AA puts a lot into their image of trying to be "premium" but in actuality there really isn't that much that is premium about it. Yeah, people flying between California and JFK get a product that almost resembles international J, but other than that it's just a bunch of 738s, mean FAs, nightmare hubs, and IRROPs.