FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Newbie Question FC Lounge Access for UA F Class Code Share
View Single Post
Old Jul 16, 2015, 5:49 am
chinatraderjmr

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
Originally Posted by behuman
The designated *alliance F lounge in ZRH is the SEN lounge. The LX F lounge is clearly excluded: "Except: LH HON/First Class Lounges in FRA/MUC; LX HON/First Class Lounges in ZRH/GVA; OS HON/First Class Lounges in VIE; TG Spa Lounge in BKK" http://www.staralliance.com/en/benef...access-policy/ In practice it is up to LX to grant access to the ZRH F lounge and I understand that the flight has to be ticketed on LX / LH flight numbers. Shouting at Nick will not help nor will boycotting LX/LH.
Yet LH posts the same rules but will not allow anyone in the F lounge unless traveling on LH/LX metal....marketing carrier has nothing to do with it as far as LH is concerned. LH has been getting passengers angry for years for the exact opposite reason.......LH sells code shares with LH flight numbers but operated by UA....Those passengers do not get to use the LH F lounge.........ONLY LH METAL

**your link does not say anything about operating carrier VS marketing carrier.(when it comes to earning miles, its always operating carrier, not marketing carrier to lend more credence to my point) Most of us know LH/LX and TG have special lounges for F passengers on their own flights only.....but that is my point.....regardless of code share or not, it is LX that is flying me across the water

Thats the way it was with LX as well. They have the right to do anything they want but the least they can do is inform passengers, even if by putting a little note in the lounge web page. Passengers should know what they are getting

The reason LH does it my metal and not flight number is they don't want to create 2 separate classes of first class...makes sense. As far as Im concerned, was very easy to fix....I just had UA change my flight numbers from UA to LX, same flights exactly

**Interesting note someone flying on a UA AWARD ticket (say LX J from ZRH-FRA connecting to LH F FRA-LONGHAUL does get lounge access from LX since award tickets are issued on operating carrier. LX does not even offer F awards to UA but if your connecting to/from LH "O" class, you get LX F lounge????

Last edited by chinatraderjmr; Jul 16, 2015 at 6:01 am