Newbie Question FC Lounge Access for UA F Class Code Share

Old Feb 24, 14, 6:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, CO/UA Platinum, DL Silver MM
FC Lounge Access for UA F Class Code Share

Long-time lurker but first post in a long time. I hope the more experienced members here can shed some light on this issue.

Just back from CDG-ZRH-JFK on Swiss metal in first class with a full-fare ticket issued on United stock. (It priced out the same on both Swiss and UA but I needed the PQDs).

On the outbound trip, I used FC lounges both at JFK and ZRH.

On the return, I was denied entry to an almost empty FC lounge by the lounge attendant and manager. Both said I was ineligible to use the FC lounge because the tickets were on UA stock, not Swiss.

The Senator Lounge was packed and there wasn't even anyplace to sit (yes, first world problems abound) and I even tried the Panorama Lounge in Terminal E, which was packed solid.

Has this or a similar circumstance happened to anyone else? I'm *A Gold if that matters, although it probably shouldn't.

Upon arrival, Swiss personnel at JFK told me that there was nothing in the rule book that should have resulted in my being denied access to the FC lounge in ZRH.

Thanks in advance for your wisdom and advice.
Old Feb 24, 14, 6:28 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Very weird. You get entry by virtue of class of service. I would complain here: http://www.swiss.com/web/EN/general/...vice_form.aspx

They are normally very prompt to respond.
Old Feb 24, 14, 9:11 am

Programs: AC*S100K, M&M SEN, BA Gold, DL Gold; Marriott Plat
I agree, that is nonsense! Definitely worth bringing up with customer service.
Old Feb 24, 14, 12:09 pm

Programs: PA WorldPass Platinum, AA, DL, LH. GHA Black, SPG and HHonors Gold
Very odd - and I heard this from the OP yesterday via text and was quite surprised.
Old Feb 24, 14, 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by oliver2002 View Post
Very weird. You get entry by virtue of class of service. I would complain here: http://www.swiss.com/web/EN/general/...vice_form.aspx

They are normally very prompt to respond.
we have heard couple of these reports on FT
Old Oct 28, 14, 2:56 am

Programs: LH Hon-,...
Swiss FC Lounge access: Same problem, officially confirmed

Hey there,

I had exactly the same problem, wanting to access the FC Lounge in ZRH on a full paid First ticket (however, UA issued, hence flying on a LX flight, but codeshared UA). Access denied. As advised I contacted customer support - here their answer in German (in Short: they are confirming the restriction to Swiss or LH only tickets) - any comments?

Grüezi Herr XX

Vielen Dank für Ihre E-Mail in Zusammenhang mit Ihrer Reise von Zürich nach New York am 10. Oktober 2014 mit SWISS.

Es tut mir leid, dass Sie enttäuscht wurden, da Ihnen der Zutritt zur First Class Lounge in Zürich verwehrt wurde. In der Tat ist eine Zugangsvoraussetzung eine Buchung in First Class unter SWISS Flugnummer. Codeshare Flugnummern (wie in diesem Fall United UA7702) sind ausgenommen. Auf unserer Webseite finden Sie unter dem Link (https://www.swiss.com/ch/DE/fliegen/...ghafen/lounges) die folgenden Angaben:

Zutritt für: SWISS First, First Class Lufthansa, HON Circle

Ich hoffe, dass diese zusätzlichen Informationen es Ihnen ermöglichen, die Situation etwas besser nachzuvollziehen.

Ich wünsche Ihnen einen weiteren angenehmen Aufenthalt in den USA sowie eine angenehme und gute Heimreise.

Freundliche Grüsse aus Basel

xYZ
Agent
Customer Service

Swiss International Air Lines AG
Old Jan 29, 15, 5:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
This is frustrating if true.
I booked LX F ZRH-SFO (as part of a UA ticket that is EWR-LHR and the other stops on my own in EU) because I wanted to experience LX F. I know it's not the ground service that is LH F at FRA but it worked for my schedule.
Already the bummer in finding out it is the older seats on the A343 and now I may not even get to visit the LX lounge.
What's next I get a J or Y meal and just the F seat because of who issued my ticket within am alliance's code share?
Old Jan 29, 15, 6:38 pm

Originally Posted by JVPhoto View Post
This is frustrating if true.
I booked LX F ZRH-SFO (as part of a UA ticket that is EWR-LHR and the other stops on my own in EU) because I wanted to experience LX F. I know it's not the ground service that is LH F at FRA but it worked for my schedule.
Already the bummer in finding out it is the older seats on the A343 and now I may not even get to visit the LX lounge.
What's next I get a J or Y meal and just the F seat because of who issued my ticket within am alliance's code share?
Why dont you ask a question to swiss lurker on the separate thread? Maybe he could clarify ZRH FCL behavior....just i always though the metal was the determining factor...
Old Jan 31, 15, 7:57 am

Originally Posted by divjan View Post
Why dont you ask a question to swiss lurker on the separate thread? Maybe he could clarify ZRH FCL behavior....just i always though the metal was the determining factor...
See #6, where LX already confirmed that LX metal does NOT give you access if booked as codeshare..

Totally weird, and against pretty much everything that common sense would dictate, but well..
Old Jan 31, 15, 8:32 am

Originally Posted by YuropFlyer View Post
See #6, where LX already confirmed that LX metal does NOT give you access if booked as codeshare..

Totally weird, and against pretty much everything that common sense would dictate, but well..
Then there needs to be a big giant asterisk on their site and their video showing the Swiss first class experience.
Old Feb 1, 15, 9:15 pm

Programs: UA 1P
FC Lounge Access for UA F Class Code Share

Already commented on this in LH thread, but exact same issue happened to me in ZRH in October 2014.

They were very clear about the rules, and admitted that they wished the web team would advertise this more clearly, especially since everyone has been conditioned by LH and is under the mistaken impression that codeshare is irrelevant as long as you are on LH metal in F. This is not true for Swiss.

The statement being made elsewhere that "On *A it's the metal that counts" is wrong for Swiss.

If F lounge in ZRH is important to you, do not book as a UA codeshare for PQD.
Old Feb 7, 15, 10:34 am

Programs: LX HON, FB Plat, AB Gold, BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hyatt GP, Hertz Gold, GHA Black
I had the issue when bringing a guest into F lounge in ZRH. As HON I can go in anytime but my guest was on the same LX flight as me but on a UA ticket. They stopped us at the reception and stated "only Swiss tickets" even he comes as a HON guest with a swiss ticket.
Old Feb 7, 15, 11:12 am

Originally Posted by HKG1111 View Post
I had the issue when bringing a guest into F lounge in ZRH. As HON I can go in anytime but my guest was on the same LX flight as me but on a UA ticket. They stopped us at the reception and stated "only Swiss tickets" even he comes as a HON guest with a swiss ticket.
That's even MORE retarded than I thought it could be..

How to make sure your customers will prefer to fly another carrier next time. Swiss made.
Old Feb 7, 15, 11:42 am

I wrote an email to Swiss Lurker here for clarification and expressing my disappointment.
Since my schedule allows it I think I will switch to LH.
Old Apr 16, 15, 10:58 am

Well...I was allowed into the LX F lounge this week.

I'm not sure if it was because I used the mobile LX BP which didn't show the UA flight # like my paper one?

I'm no sure if it has been a policy change.

I'm not sure if it was when she saw my surname I quickly started blabbing about how the trip was to go to my Grandparent's town and take photos to bring back to them blah blah before she could reject me from the lounge and took pity on me.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: