FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DOD / DODU (LFBU) Space-available, counter, kiosk, and online upgrade (master thd)
Old Jul 15, 2015, 4:26 pm
sosfo

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by flyer121
Flying from JFK to Europe this evening. Three of us on the same PNR. When I tried checking in online for all of us I was offered to opportunity for the three of us to upgrade to Business Class for $500 pp. Unfortunately I didn't have the necessary passport info for all of us and after entering it incorrectly three times you are than forced to check-in at the airport. What are the chances that the upgrade offer will still be available? The seat map shows the cabin wide open, however $500 is a great deal for us. Thank you for your help.
Something similar happened to me recently but on a transcon. I checked in for a friend and saw the offer at $259. My partner and I had already secured elite upgrades so I thought it'd be cool to upgrade our friend too. The system had some error but the cabin was wide open. At the kiosk in the morning the offer was still there but was $315 instead. Odd that is would go UP.