FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DOD / DODU (LFBU) Space-available, counter, kiosk, and online upgrade (master thd)
Old Jul 15, 2015, 1:36 pm
JY1024
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by flyer121
Flying from JFK to Europe this evening. Three of us on the same PNR. When I tried checking in online for all of us I was offered to opportunity for the three of us to upgrade to Business Class for $500 pp. Unfortunately I didn't have the necessary passport info for all of us and after entering it incorrectly three times you are than forced to check-in at the airport. What are the chances that the upgrade offer will still be available? The seat map shows the cabin wide open, however $500 is a great deal for us. Thank you for your help.
Really no telling, as a lot of things can still happen (e.g., disruption on a previous flight causes the cabin to fill-up, a big group suddenly upgrades or buys J seats). But if the cabin really is wide-open, I'm guessing you'll still have a shot to upgrade at least a few people when you get to the airport. Remember, the upgrade offer is generally only offered at the kiosk. (I don't think I've seen any reports of counter upgrades on ex-US flights.)