FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Copy cat! Copy cat! You copy this and that!
Old Jul 12, 2015, 1:02 pm
satori

Programs: Affiliated with all, participate in some
Happened across this post today.

I have no problem crediting another site when I find a low fare through another site. I have credited The Flight Deal many times in the past few months since posting about airfare deals.

Finding low fares is not rocket science. A few times a day I go to Google Flights and look for fares.

I am low tech. I don't follow a bunch of blogs looking for flight deals. When I don't have the time to write a long travel post and I want to post something, I simply search Los Angeles and San Francisco on Google Flights for low fares to places.

The Flight Deal will tell you about eight different airports where you can fly to Hong Kong. My focus are deals from California where I live and I generally write about airfare deals from Los Angeles or San Francisco.

Since very good deals are often only around for a few hours, when I find a really low airfare like the Lima deal, I write my post. I do not look to see if it was posted elsewhere.

A good example happened in April when there was the $380 fare from LAX to Jakarta. I found this fare one morning when I woke up and checked Google Flights. After publishing my article, I searched to see if it was mentioned on other blogs and found The Flight Deal had posted it a few hours earlier and mentioned it was available from SJC and SNA too.

http://loyaltytraveler.boardingarea....-sep-dec-2015/

Then, after reading The Flight Deal, I checked SJC and SNA to verify the low fare to CGK was available from those airports. I added the SJC and SNA airport fare to the end of my post about 30 minutes after I posted the initial blog entry on Loyalty Traveler and mentioned I had seen it on The Flight Deal.

While checking SJC, I saw there was also a $389 fare on Delta from San Jose to Kuala Lumpur.

I live 75 miles from San Jose, California and I immediately booked my $389 ticket to Kuala Lumpur and then blogged about the SJC-KUL deal.

http://loyaltytraveler.boardingarea....-kuala-lumpur/

My objective is to put out low airfare deals from California and sometimes other airports. I intentionally don't check sites like Airfare Watchdog and The Flight Deal before doing my own searches to avoid simply copying their finds.

When I do find a deal on those sites, I credit them as the source of my find.

Nearly all the airfare deals I post are found directly from Google Flights searches.

Last edited by satori; Jul 12, 2015 at 1:09 pm