FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Minimum Connection Transfer Time at Amsterdam (AMS): The Definitive Thread
Old Jul 11, 2015, 1:51 pm
Ardecos

Programs: Flying Blue PFL; IHG Rewards Club Diamond; HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by dbennett37
DL has rescheduled us SLC-PDX-AMS-KRK. We are traveling in business. The AMS connection is 55 min. There is only one flight to KRK per day (KLM CityHopper regional jet-EMB 175). I know it's a legal connection time but is it possible? If we miss the connection, we lose 1 day on our short 6 day vacation. Also, will we get boarding passes for the KLM flight when we check-in in SLC? If I check bags, will they make it?
Some good news, some bad news. The good news is that your bags will be checked through to Krakow and you should get all your boarding passes at SLC; the bad news is that Poland is in the Schengen zone and so you will have to pass through the non-Schengen/Schengen border check. The other piece of bad news is that the Embraer 175 will probably depart from what is known as the Fokker farm i.e. you will be bussed out to the aircraft. 55 minutes is possible but you will need things to go for you. Is there not a direct SLC-AMS flight?