FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DL/AA: Europe/USA-GRU $479 ai, 14k-18k mi
Old Jul 11, 2015, 2:36 am
TheEscapeArtist
formerly DustyFoot

Programs: UA Gold, DL Gold
Originally Posted by kmfdm91
I'm guessing (hence your definitive post) that this has changed, but in August 2006 (I know, a long while ago), I did just this...what turned out to be a paper ticket from the USA to GRU and then onto Bolivia. At the time, there was a US$100 (I believe) visa fee for Brasil. My wife and I didn't get one. On transit in GRU, it wasn't much fun, but staying in the crummy RCC in GRU and doing literally the only walk in the airport behind the security/immigration like 50 times, was boring as hell, but we got around the fee and definitely didn't need the visa.

It's one reason why I haven't been back to S. America, because I'd transit Brasil/Argentina, but if I need a visa to get onboard, there are far too many places [as a US citizen] to visit that don't need a visa, so this area has just been crossed off entirely (luckily, I'm considering Chile now that I can get there without a visa)...

-jeremy
Really? Wow... Brazil is amazing, worth a visa (if you can afford it, but if you can't maybe just stay home?).