FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Upgraded but recieved "We are not yet able to confirm your request ..." message ???
Old Jul 8, 2015, 5:59 am
bervol

Programs: UAL Gold Million-Mile
Originally Posted by sbm12
Does the reservation still show you booked in biz?

If not I'd call in ASAP and also get ready to claim the EU 261 downgrade compensation.
Situation was a bit unclear. I knew I was on the waitlist for the ORD-SFO leg. When I looked at the seat selection screens during online checkin just now I am still seated in 7B MUC-ORD. Which is definitely R class. So it appears that I am now "confirmed" for 7B but ORD-SFO is up in the air. Maybe the online checking nailed down the one confirmation.

The wording of the message I received earlier was a bit alarming, since I had not "requested" an upgrade, I had bought one:
"We are not yet able to confirm your request for an upgrade on your flight from Munich, DE (MUC) to Chicago, IL, US (ORD - O'Hare). While your upgrade request will no longer appear in your reservation, you will automatically be added to the upgrade standby list after you complete check-in and receive your boarding pass for this flight."