FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Verizon Global Bundle
View Single Post
Old Jul 7, 2015, 10:55 am
gooselee
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by Phudnik
If you go with the $40 plan, then after you run through your 100 minutes, additional minutes are charged at $0.25 per minute. Pricing for additional sent texts is also $0.25 per. They do not add an extra $40 or extra $15 or whatever. Additional data is charged at $25 per 100 MB.

If you know you are going to use more than 100 MB data and more than 100 minutes/texts, then there is an $85 plan that gives you 250 MB data and 250 minutes/250 sent texts ($35 for the minutes/texts on top of the $50 for 250 MB data). Details can be found by clicking the "need more data, minutes, or texts?" link on the Verizon global roaming plans page. I don't think it is possible to add this bundle without calling in, or at least I couldn't figure out how to do it on the website.

The Verizon customer service agent I talked to said that it is not possible to do a plan that gives you 250 MB data and only 100 minutes (which is what I needed), and it turned out to be less expensive just to buy an additional 100 MB of data than to buy the more expensive 250 MB/250 min/250 texts plan.
Got it. Thanks! I didn't even see that link on the website.

Originally Posted by alchemista
I had this in Mexico and Brazil. The data connection was very spotty, and horrible speeds. They say they pro-rate it, so if you're only going for a week, it's only about $10.
This is true, but note that your data limits are also prorated. So if you only have the service for one week, you only get 25MB. When you return from your trip, you can assess how much data you've used, then call in and have them set the end date for some point in the future that gives you enough of a proration to cover what you've used.