FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [LEAVING Marriott] W Paris Opéra, France [Master Thread]
Old Jul 5, 2015, 8:42 am
karenkay
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ua mm, aa plat, starriott LTPP, ihg plat, hh gold.
We had a great stay here in June. Were upgraded after two nights in a regular room with no view to a "fabulous suite" (fantastic suite?) with a view of the opera house for our last three nights. The concierge staff was terrific, although we had to do our own researching for restaurants--they tended to recommend places that are tourist friendly, which is exactly not what we wanted. They speak excellent English (and german) and were extremely accommodating.

Rooms are small, which is correct for Europe, but well appointed. Location was awesome, close to the metro and easy to get around. I'd stay again in a minute.

Breakfast at the hotel was fine, although I'll echo others in noting that it's not an amazing spread, just a good one. It's a great deal on a multi-day stay as your platinum amenity, however! They might not volunteer it, but you can order eggs as well as part of your platinum breakfast. The service is pretty awful, even taking into account the difference between Parisian and American standards--when the barista is clearing tables in an empty restaurant instead of delivering coffee to a customer while said coffee cools on the counter, that's not good. As with a poster above, we had an issue with a dirty glass (not my husband's shade of lipstick)...but it was promptly rectified and they were very apologetic--frankly I wish they'd made as big a deal about getting hot drinks out promptly.

We used uber to get around--days before the strike--with mostly great success. We both loved the hotel, and I wish I'd booked our last night in Paris here as well instead of close to the airport after our three week European jaunt. Would have been worth fighting traffic to have had one last night there, even without an upgrade.