FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Boarding Process
View Single Post
Old Jul 2, 2015, 2:17 pm
N615HL

Programs: DL GM / PC APM / SPG GM / GP PM
Originally Posted by Widgets
From feedback here it looks like hub-to-hub flights have high HVC concentrations.
Yes, my home airport only goes to ATL, so I do lots of ATL then LAX, some NYC, and a few others on the return, and PREM + SKY + Anyone with amex and economy plus is often times more than 1/2 of the plane.

Maybe I over estimated the numbers a little in my original post due to my frustration, but lets looks at a "small" flight like a 739 from ATL to LAX/NYC/SFO/DFW/MSP.

PREM can be the 20 F seats plus another 20-30 Diamonds (or more certain days and times) easily making 50 people board in premium (27%).

Sky could easily be another 60 people (certain days and times) bringing Sky+PREM to 110 people (61%)

And for some reason (i.e. revenue management a/k/a higher fares) there are less and less 76's making these trips and more and more 73's.

Originally Posted by Widgets
Has anyone seen boarding SKY split up into PMs, GMs, then everyone else? That was part of the new boarding process; GAs would get a pop-up when there are an extreme amount of Medallions (about half the aircraft) and they would be told by the computer to board in that manner.
My home airport who only flys EJ RJ2's to ATL decided to start boarding in this order recently:

1) Pre-Boards
2) People with small children
3) Diamonds
4) Platinum
5) Gold
6) Silver
7) Zone 1
8) Zone 2

At 6 in the morning on Monday morning, they are actually calling out each zone like that. Now since there are only max 50 people getting on this plane 8 "zones" kinda drags it out a little to far.