FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Looking for help choosing hotels in Rome/Florence/Venice
Old Jun 29, 2015, 7:44 am
floridagal23

Programs: Delta Gold, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, UA Gold (status match)
Originally Posted by chelsea2
I have stayed at the Lungarno in Florence and thought it was lovely, however it was a while ago. If you stay there, make sure to get a room overlooking the Arno.
We had a lovely stay at the Lungarno in Florence maybe 3-4 years ago. I would absolutely stay there again. The location was very easy for sightseeing (just over the Ponte Vecchio and down the block) and our room with a view of the Arno was great. The bathroom was also very nice (Ferragamo branded toiletries, of course) and the included breakfast was a great way to start the day. At the time, we got a fantastic rate and they honored Amex FHR benefits with an upgrade, breakfast (though it may be that breakfast was included anyway), etc. I remember the concierge being very good about helping us book some day trips and confirming things.

We also ended up leaving our things there for a few days and grabbed the high speed rail over to Venice for a short trip (we flew in and out of Pisa). Zero issues with the hotel holding our things for us.

At the time we were looking for something nice but less expensive than the FS so this fit the bill. We were barely in our room as with most sightseeing heavy trips but really liked this hotel.

Edited to add that we were in Rome last summer and stayed at the Westin. We originally had the St. Regis booked (SPG points) but switched to the Westin because the rooms were bigger and the location a bit better. We had a fantastic stay and we were upgraded to a huge 2 bedroom suite with a separate living room. It is by the Spanish Steps area. Just floating another option though it is not "luxury" compared to some of the other hotels.