FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Alamo Discount Codes
View Single Post
Old Jun 28, 2015, 9:03 am
trajanc

Originally Posted by WAS
Your post is nonsense. The code is for Lufthansa staff.

You might want to be careful with the advice you give people - telling them to use codes like that and making them think they are fully covered, when in fact they are taking on a lot of risk.

That's not the point. None of the corporate and other restricted codes I know of will show any restrictions on the contract. That doesn't mean you are entitled to them. They are not obligated to check for you whether or not you can use it.The risk is not when you leave, it's after you return. I personally would not want to risk owing a new car when the best I can say for myself is "oh, but nobody said anything when I was leaving the lot!".

Anyway, you do what you want. I was just trying to make sure that the newbie gets the full picture. It's bad advice to only tell someone about the possible savings without mentioning the risks involved.
I think that's what everyone wants here; to share the best info.

Alamo says, and I made my res for this coming week over the phone (I don't always have internet access when I need to do these things) and asked, the agent checked and said no restrictions or requirements. If the gate guy says nothing (which is what I am expecting) and the contract says nothing (which is what I am expecting but we'll see) and subsequently there's an insurance issue and they try to pull something they can talk to my lawyer. I would welcome that fight but I'm a bit crazy that way.

Rental companies will try to stick you with a bill for damages and avoid honoring coverage like you and I breathe. I've had disputes with them before but this would be a relatively easy win.

I'm not worried about using this code but of course YMMV. Also I will report back afterwards and we'll see what was on the contract. Ty to all who have contributed.

Last edited by trajanc; Jun 28, 2015 at 9:10 am