FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The obsession with alcohol - Part 2
View Single Post
Old Jun 25, 2015, 6:49 pm
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Rebelyell
Like the other posters, I've never seen a really disruptive drunk passenger. I've seen a few that were a little too loud from drinking. But by all means, if a person is drunk enough to really create a disruption that requires diversion they should be banned for life.

But why stop with drinking? I don't know if the "cracker rage" guy was drunk, but he certainly needs to be banned for life. There are other air rage incidents that don't involve alcohol. Those responsible should be banned if a diversion is necessary or if the police have to be called.

We're all aware of seat poachers who refuse to move. Ban them for life. When enough jerks start having to travel on Amtrak then the bad behavior on planes will end.
The problem with imposing a ban for life is that the decisions of crew can be so arbitrary and unfair. Sometimes crew or airline staff call the cops for no reason other than to exert their authority and get even with someone whom they don't like or whom they fear might file a complaint with the airline over genuinely rude and bad behavior by the employee.