FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The obsession with alcohol - Part 2
View Single Post
Old Jun 25, 2015, 6:30 pm
Tchiowa
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1k, Marriott Lifetime PE, Former DL Gold, Former SQ Solitaire, HH Gold
Originally Posted by rumbataz
Airlines could ban drunk passengers for life. What a great idea, and not before time:

[I hope all airlines adopt this measure to make flying safer for the rest of us who don't need to get obliterated through alcohol before a flight.
Agree completely. I've predicted, and still do, that eventually airlines will ban alcohol consumption on planes completely.

Originally Posted by LondonElite
Why are we having this anti-alcohol rant again???
It's not anti-alcohol.

Originally Posted by mike2200
Anti-alcohol rant? Seems like an anti-drunks on airplanes comment
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Originally Posted by SPBanker
Well, the OP started similar thread in April 2015, and it got locked. Obsession, you say?

I've flown quite a bit during the past 25 years, and I have exactly one bad experience with a drunken person aboard.
One bad experience with a drunk on a plane is one more than people should be subjected to.

Originally Posted by SPBanker
I don't understand the obsession some people have about what other people do aboard planes.
I don't understand the obsession some people have about the need to drink alcohol on a plane.

You're in a confined space where if someone is loud and boisterous you can't get up and leave the room.