FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase application pending review [Consolidated]
Old Jun 25, 2015, 10:47 am
jameswes

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by pritomd
Just applied for Chase Freedom, got a 'We need to review your application a little longer'. What are the best steps to improve chance of approval? I've only received 2 new cards in past 2 years.
I concur with abo456 - 2 cards in 2 years seems like the delay isn't due to your number of credit applications. (UNLESS - when you say you've received two cards, you've actually applied for 4+ and were turned down for >2).

Originally Posted by abo456
I just applied to Chase Fairmont today and got the same message. I called in at was ultimately denied (my first denial in 5 years!). They first started with personal verification info, but then the rep directly asked "why are you applying to 7 new credit cards in 2 years? are you doing this just for points?" there were lots of questions about what I was using the cards for, I believed I answered them well but it basically came down to the number of cards in the last 2 years. Apparently, others have luck in branch if they have a chase checking account to override the credit app.
Similar datapoint, different result. I applied for Chase Fairmont on Monday, had to call recon, and they needed to verify a lot of information, but still needed more time to make a decision. I'm at 7 CCs in the last two years as well, but two are business, and only two Chase. Anyways, this morning (3 days after application) the Fairmont shows up in the Chase account, so looks like I was approved.