FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Archived: Applying for Chase Credit Cards- May 2015- Jan 2017
Old Jun 24, 2015, 11:19 am
glammistress

Originally Posted by aza72
Unreal. For what it's worth, there are some accounts of people in your situation (good relationship with chase), getting them to disregard the Authorized user policy. Would love to hear more about your story (did you apply online, over the phone or in the bank? Do you have any other relationship with Chase? Checking/savings? Have you checked your Experian score recently to make sure there are no derogatory remarks? How many other accounts do you have open in total?)

This seems to point to them having a strict cutoff, but I'd love to know if there are other explanations.
Here's some more info for the community. I have a checking relationship with Chase, my husband does not. He applied online through the chase website (no referral link used, etc). We each have LifeLock - I watch our credit like a hawk. I immediately panicked and thought there was something going on his with his account. There wasn't. In regards to credit accounts, he has an ancient Amex and Discover, neither of which get used. The CSP is his and is the US Airways (Barclays). Plus a never used card from our credit union and an ancient Home Depot account. That's it. Like I said upthread. We're not churners. We find some cards that work for us and use them.