FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 6 Finnair longhauls in a week - reflections
Old Jun 22, 2015, 10:27 pm
Rivarix

Programs: CX Green | UA Silver | Marriott Lifetime Platinum | Hyatt Globalist | Hilton Gold | AA EXP
Originally Posted by Courmisch
Is there any airline where acknowledgement are not either miss-miss or hit-and-miss? Finnair seems pretty bad, and even when you do get acknowledged, they often try to avoid talking English. But I have never been acknowledged on AA, AB, BA, CX, IB or JL (all in Y) ever.
On CX I always get the acknowledgment from ISM though I've heard that sometimes they didn't do it when there are too many elites.

Originally Posted by intuition
On one flight with 12 op-ups, I got a chance to peek at one op-up's boarding pass. He has no frequent flyer number attached and is seq. 125. Tell me last time anyone on CX or QR got op-up'ed without high status and low sequence...
It could happen during peak periods say around Christmas. At other times, the chance is probably between zero and ... zero.

Originally Posted by intuition
Selection is so so and doesn't seem to be updated very often. I started to watch a movie, just to realize I watched it in february when I flew AY last time.
Sorry for what may seem like a rudimentary question but how wide/good are the selection of western (i.e. Hollywood) movies?

I'm wondering because I am planning to fly AY to asia this fall. There's a long transit time in HEL (something that AY could improve if they're planning to target US east coast - Asia passengers) but AY J price is very reasonable compared to CX (i.e. about 1/2 what CX is charging) so I'm thinking of giving it a try.

Btw, from looking at finnair site it seems that reindeer meat is an option. Would any of you recommend it?

Last edited by Rivarix; Jun 22, 2015 at 10:35 pm