FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Place Washington, D.C./White House REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Jun 22, 2015, 10:15 am
cdancer20

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
I am staying here right now. Here's my review.

I am not a picky eater but the breakfast is just OK. It's not the greatest but it's sufficient. However after the 3rd day, I think I'm over it. However, I will say that the sit-down breakfast area is a nice size. Lots of seats and I was there over a weekend. I normally went down right before closing and I noticed food, plates, utensils kept running out. However, the staff was great about replacing everything pretty quickly. I didn't like though that breakfast ended early. 9 am on weekdays and 9:30am on weekends. Being on vacation, a lot of days I was just waking up at 9:30 LOL. However, free is better than nothing.

I was quite disappointed though that even though I booked High Floor Queen, when I got there, I was put on the 3rd floor! And was told they didn't have any more rooms. I was offered to move but I didn't want the hassle of moving my family. It's pretty disappointing though because the high floor rooms were $20/night more than non-HF. If I hadn't gotten this room on a BRG, then I would have been making a big fuss about it!

Now the positives, you can tell that the hotel is brand new! The decor and furnishes all mirror that. Room was a decent size, though I remember other Hyatt Places being bigger. The staff are all great. 24/7 food in their downstairs area which is nice. And the location is great!! You are literally just a few blocks from the White House and everything else is within close proximity. The first two days, we were able to walk everywhere with little issue. (This included a woman in her 60s). I haven't noticed the internet to be slow but I haven't tried to stream videos or anything. For basic usage, it's perfect.

I give it a 4/4.5 out of 5 but highly recommend it!