FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Archived: Applying for Chase Credit Cards- May 2015- Jan 2017
Old Jun 21, 2015, 11:09 pm
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wiroly
Just providing my "data point".

After not applying for anything since 2009 (added as AU on spouse's Freedom March '15, April '15 FICO ~770), I was auto-approved for Amex Plat (personal) and CSP ($21k) on April 8th. I applied for Amex SPG (personal), Chase Freedom, and Chase Ink Plus on the evening of June 14th. SPG (5k) & Freedom (3.5k) were auto approved, but Ink Plus was "received".

After some preliminary reading, I called recon the next morning and was told I was denied for Ink Plus due to two applications in a single day. After advocating my position, I was denied for too new of a business (landlord since '12) / too low business revenue ($2X,XXX). I called back late that night and advocated in greater depth and was told after 30 minutes of back-and-forth that I was recommended for approval for 5k. I finally received email confirmation of Ink Plus approval (5K) on June 18th.

Based on additional reading, I strongly believe that I would have been approved after a few days had I not called recon. Nonetheless, it all worked out for me. I hope this helps someone.
Your CSP at 21K is way too high. Chase has a tendency to approve a card with high limit when you have no or very low credit limit with the bank, versus your stated income could qualify.

Your Freedom card got only 3.5K is an evidence of the above.

The fact that you have not had much of a history with Chase also does not help things.

Should you lower your CSP limit to a 10 to 15K, then your Ink Plus might get either an auto approval or a delayed approval without the need to call multiple times and escalated 3 times, with 5 to 10K limit. That would be my assessment.