FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Archived: Applying for Chase Credit Cards- May 2015- Jan 2017
Old Jun 21, 2015, 3:41 pm
flyer4512

Originally Posted by Brugge
Now I'm confused. I thought your earlier post demonstrated that one can still be instantly approved for co-branded cards, despite recent churning. And that your conclusion was that having low CLs with Chase was more important than how many accts opened (for co-brand cards).

So why the forced choice between forgetting the CP or cutting off other apps? I'd think one would just wait until less than 3 months before the end of the year, and apply for the first SW card. Then wait a couple of months and apply for the other. Finish the spend on both just after the beginning of the new year, and get the CP.

We all now understand those apps aren't automatic any more, but your recent posts were making me hopeful about the prospects.
I think we were approved for one card each ( since the new rules took place because we had lowered the $50K in Chase credit to $9k) going forward I wouldn't count on being approved for 2 chase cards to get CP in a 12 month period if you are still churning.

My thinking is that this 5/24 deal with Chase is new and instant approvals get around it ( do you think if I went to recon with 20 apps I would have been approved ? ) but as time goes on ( November 2016 for 2017) CP Chase may have shored up it's system a bit.

So our New Cp will expire 12/31/16..............if I have to wait until July 2017 ( or later) to get Cp for 17/18 than I already lost 3 CP flights

To me it's a no brainer..........I'll keep churning and if I get CP I get it if not I will have miles from other airlines to use

Last edited by flyer4512; Jun 21, 2015 at 4:47 pm