FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Archived: Applying for Chase Credit Cards- May 2015- Jan 2017
Old Jun 21, 2015, 3:10 pm
Stgermainparis

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Querying on behalf of spouse. Have 4 new cards opened in the last 2 years (one is closed as of today). Only Chase product I have is Chase Ink Bold (other new cards are Amex Biz Gold, Barclay USair/AA, and Delta Amex, which is the one that I just closed). I am an AU on several new cards in last 2 years for spouse. It seems that AU doesn't affect my <5 new cards in 2 years status (but please correct me if I'm wrong). I am an AU on 2 of spouse's Chase products: Freedom and Chase Ink Plus. FICO is 820.

Moving forward, I would eventually like to get Freedom (or possibly Sapphire) and Southwest Personal and Business (though I'm thinking to do this at the end of calendar year in 2015 or 2016 to maximize CP opp). Spouse has "referred" me for Freedom. On this list the SW cards would be my #1 goal.

What order should I do these in? I don't need the UR bonuses now but would like them in future, so I could wait. I really only need Bold or CSP, not both, and I don't want to pay AF on both, but I would like the CSP bonus. I'm wondering if it's really worth it to get the Freedom, even with referral bonuses, when I'm an AU on spouse card. This is all only for MS and churning purposes basically. Any thoughts?