FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - My account got shut down after getting the sign-up bonus?
Old Jun 18, 2015, 5:06 pm
HouFly

Originally Posted by CDKing
I've been told you can't PC to/from most of the cards that BofA has. It's not an AS stipulation. It's a BofA thing
in this case it was an AS stipulation. the bank would have loved for me to keep my card open (after having spent a good amount on it) the retention dept I was transferred over to, wanted me to keep it open, not only the CSR but his supervisor as well ... they dont mind PCing me to another BofA card (and without having to offer a bonus from their own coffers) ... but since they couldnt after trying multiple things, I had to close my oldest acct with BofA.

you could be right that it maybe a BofA thing. but before I go do something, I read up data points on FT and other places re: whats the best case scenario and how I should proceed in my situation. so obv I only attempted this after reading how in the past folks have PCd. folks even posted they have PCs newer cards (ones they had for 3mo or so) ... unless those folks were lying, it seemed like you were able to go up and down the gamut of BofA (in-house) cards and they were happy to oblige.