FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Archived: Applying for Chase Credit Cards- May 2015- Jan 2017
Old Jun 16, 2015, 11:43 pm
billybayswater

Originally Posted by RTWRide
Ugh, my issue may be my 66k total exposure with Chase. I completely forgot about that factor. I only have 3 personal (31k total) an 1 business (35k). Now I'm not sure if I should call or just wait it out my "under review" application for the UA MP Explorer Business card.
I was approved for the United at 15K after having 67k exposure with Chase all across personal cards and having 7-8 new accounts in the past year, including 2 with Chase in the last 6 months. This occurred at the beginning of the new policy (mid-late May) and approval was not instant and the app required a secondary review by a senior analyst (but the initial analyst thought this was mostly related to credit limit determination).

I have banked with Chase since they acquired WaMu and have a J.P. Morgan Private Bank account, but do not keep a substantial amount of assets in it (direct deposit goes to checking and savings account is zeroed out; no other Chase assets).