FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Are we giving up on the book club?
View Single Post
Old Aug 20, 2002, 1:47 am
Punki
Suspended

Programs: Ephesians 4:31-32
Analise, I actually decided to join the Marine Corps, over the Navy, because I thought the color green (as in uniform) went better with my eyes and complexion than blue--for real. But, I also must say that I have no complaints whatsoever about being a Woman Marine restricted to base with 10,000 men and only 100 women during the difficult political times of the early 60s. I have no clue why I ended up being a police person or going to law school back in the days when those were definitely not normal girl activities. Life happens.

Out of pure stubborness, I did eventually end up taking and getting straight A's in all of those "boy" subjects in college as well and actually even really got in to calculus as a way of thinking for a while--go figure.

While I am crazy for feathers, satin, lace, make-up of all kinds, dressing up and love dearly being a girl (to the point where I am certain that if I had been born a boy that I would be a cross-dresser) but I still don't think I am all girl. I think the wonderful joy of life if that we are all a little bit of this and a little bit of that and just a little bit of something truly original.

At least I hope so.