FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Starwood unveils 'Sheraton 2020' plan
View Single Post
Old Jun 14, 2015, 9:06 pm
iflyjetz

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
Originally Posted by username
Actually, I seem to remember staying at that hotel when it was a Sheraton in the early 90s then I guess it became a Four Points (and I seem to remembered I STPCed once on EVA there). I did stay there last year when it was a CP. The hardware was actually not that bad - probably because it was renovated. Even had a security guard sitting in the hallway on my floor to keep things quiet.

Of course, staying at those really bad Sheratons really do make me think about IHG inconsistencies. IHG has really gotten better the last few years and I think Sheraton is going the other way.
There was also a Sheraton Newark Airport. I stayed there also; MUCH nicer property. It's now a DoubleTree. Off the beaten path; you've got to follow driving directions closely.

The 4 Pts/now Crowne Plaza is very close to the airport; essentially across the street. I haven't stayed there since it converted to a Crowne Plaza.

I've been off/on with SPG since 2000 and I think the current consistency with SPGs is much better than it used to be. Others may have a different opinion.