FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best Rate Guarantee (BRG) 2015 : *now 20% off*; Success, failure & discussion thread
Old Jun 13, 2015, 9:53 pm
Keyser
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by margarita girl
It's happened to me twice before, Westin Bali and Moana Surfrider. In both cases, I was pretty sure I was keeping the reservations, and I did, so I didn't raise a stink. If I wanted to cancel the reservations, I would just contact the BRG group.
so here is an update....i found a much cheaper rate yesterday at the same property so i decided to go ahead & cancel the brg rate....

i got in touch with the brg team who assured me that this was a mistake & she would get in touch with the hotel to get the reservation cancelled....she emailed me back later in the day to let me know that due to some technical difficulty she has not been able to get in touch with the hotel but has sent them an email & i would hear back from them directly....

about an hour ago i got an email from the front office manager letting me know that all brg rates are supposed to be non refundable & therefore he cannot cancel the reservation without a penalty....instead of replying to that email, i called him instead to explain that the reservation was never meant to be non-refundable & i have had (& continue to have) many brg reservations & none of them have ever been non-refundable....he eventually agreed to cancel the reservation as a 'one time courtesy'....

in the end i got the result i was looking for but this situation should never have occurred in the first place....