FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Airline Route Mapper tool (windows based)
Old Jun 13, 2015, 11:10 am
gxclark

Programs: Delta, ANA
Originally Posted by lewinr
Yes, I can see a wiki (or maybe better a google docs spreadsheet) as a good collaborative tool for correcting minor problems with the routes, airports or alliances.

But I don't think it is a realistic long-term solution for maintaining the data... over time there will just be too many changes. It just doesn't make sense to maintain it by hand.

We need to get the data from a GDS...
If you can get the data from a GDS, please share it. There are a number of other options, I'll just list a few.

1) The USDOT makes a large amount of data available on aviation, including the routes flown into and out of the US. See this site.

Other governments do not do the same, although I will try to get some as a researcher.

2) The IATA website has a feature called "matchmaker", which is open to the public, but intended to pressure the airlines into using the new electronic air way bill (e-AWB) for cargo operations. See link. On the custom report page, under airline, you can query for airport to airport routes. Unfortunately, this does not have equipment details ...

I stand ready to assist on integrating and enriching this data.

Regards,
Geof