FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Archived] AA oneworld & Other Airline Partner Award information, rules (2015-2018)
Old Jun 12, 2015, 4:08 pm
imapilotaz

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by curiousGal
Thank you for the suggestions. I called back and reserved 1 passenger on business class throughout and the other in coach for the 2nd leg. I requested for courtesy hold and haven't confirmed the tickets yet.

The passengers here are my parents. It is supposed to be a surprise for them. I already booked J in EY for Sep departure. But plans changed, and the new date is in Oct. Now it looks like I have to lose EY J tickets for both in Sep and update it with QR tickets; J for one and Y for the other.

I seriously hope if seats become available in next 4 months. Is there a waiting list option so that passengers get upgraded to J as soon as there is availability in J? I heard United has this option. Thoughts?
More than one person has found "courtesy holds" on airlines other than AA/US sometimes just disappear (AA codeshares). I would book it and get it ticketed if that's the flights you want.