FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Archived] AA oneworld & Other Airline Partner Award information, rules (2015-2018)
Old Jun 11, 2015, 4:14 pm
Red259

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Changing my post to update. Had a hold cancelled on a F ticket. Basically the day before I had a J ticket already booked. The F ticket opened up so I put a hold on it while the rest of my miles came in. The miles came in last night and I called around 1am today to make the booking upgrading the J seat to the F seat on first class flight. The rep indicated there was a problem with the way my name was spelled in the computer (last two letters of first name were cut off) and he had to send it to IT to get it fixed but since I had hold until sunday it was no problem and I will get seat. This afternoon I checked my account on a whim and my hold was gone. I called AA but they were not taking calls. I checked publicly and did not see any F available. Finally I got through to AA and got a decent rep (sometimes you get people that will be nasty and just screw you over and sometimes you get people who actually try to help). Luckily this woman was one of the later and she did not see the hold in my history until she dug deeper. Fortunately she was able to find what I was talking about and was able to rebook me on the same F seat (I guess we caught it before it went public again). So I have my F awards in and outbound now on request. Hopefully nothing goes wrong and they get ticketed ::knock on wood::

Last edited by Red259; Jun 11, 2015 at 4:45 pm