FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE to 2015] Problems and Issues with Hilton Family Internet Web Sites
Old Jun 7, 2015, 8:59 pm
ermdjdsj

"Sushi and Pasta" Captcha malfunctioning as is password reset

On multiple attempts to access my Hilton account I have had for 12 years, in the last 10 days I have been unable to get online and see my account, make an online booking, or check an old one. I have used Macbook Air, iPAD, and iphone, and have wasted several hours without resolution, so I am just giving up for now as I can use other hotel options until this is fixed. Problems include:

1. the devices using Captcha pop up pictures of sushi or pasta for me to click off to show I'm not a robot, but the upper right pasta or sushi picture won't click on, so I cannot prove I am not a robot.
Then I retry on the laptop where there is no sushi or pasta and see I am locked out.

2. On the laptop, I then request password reset, but am unable to reset my password online for unclear reasons, even after talking to IT. Either the system does not acknowledge that my desired email is valid, or even with a new appropriately configured password it rejects my login and tells me to call the 1-800 # again and start over.

I have talked to two different customer service and two IT women today for a long time , without resolution. I suppose with more herculean holding and rephoning effort and insisting on a higher level supervisor this could somehow be resolved.

I appreciate Hilton trying to improve its internet security but it has become so hard to reliably get on and casually use their site (I am Gold but an infrequent booker these days) that I am going to book elsewhere until they fix their bugs or hire better IT phone service reps.

Last edited by ermdjdsj; Jun 7, 2015 at 9:01 pm Reason: typo