FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase Sapphire Preferred: Travel Delay Protection
Old Jun 1, 2015, 10:28 am
Brituchenite

Programs: UA 1k MM;*A Lifetime Gold; Marriott Lifetime Platinum; HiltonHonors Gold. Hyatt Globalist
Ugh. Absolute pandemonium at EWR last night. My flight EWR-SAT scheduled to leave at 8:00PM was on rolling delays and finally cancelled around 9:15pm. It was the last flight of the day to SAT.

Lines at United Customer Service were hundreds deep, and in the UA Club at least 50 in line ahead of me.

I checked with my Chase United Presidential Plus Card and confirmed I had coverage and decided to head to a local hotel for the night, given my flight was reaccommodated to 2pm today.

Took screen shots of the canceled flight, have original receipt showing original dates/times of travel and the new receipt showing reaccommodated flight.

Back at the airport today, customer service quieter, so decided to go ask for a "Military Excuse". The Agent refused to give me anything like that. He gave me a pre-printed sheet that stated my flight was canceled but refused to make any notation that I was forced to overnight.

What's the chance that the claim will be honored? I have two different screen shots from different sites showing the flight as canceled, plus the other documentation, original boarding passes and new boarding passes, etc. Hotel/cab receipts, too.

Also, interestingly, I asked the agent in the UA club to print out my PNR showing that the flight had been canceled and I was reaccommodated, and she can find no record in her system or in my PNR of the flight actually cancelling. It only shows as delayed. She wouldn't print out a copy of my PNR for me either. She told me (and this I know to be correct) that the computer systems went down last night and so it probably messed up my PNR.

UGH. UGH. UGH.

I suspect I am in for a fight with the insurance company.