FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Double Virgin America Credit Card Bonus Until 5/31
Old May 30, 2015, 1:48 pm
optostar

Has anyone tried to apply for this? I just got the same email as OP today, and I clicked Apply Now, but the application page says 10k and 15k!!! Has anyone actually seen the application page confirm the 20k/30k? Or should I apply anyways and then if I don't get the 20k/30k, send them screenshots of the email I got?

Edit: I tried to message with Virgin America twitter customer service. They said in order to be eligible for the promo, I must already HAVE a Virgin America Visa card.

Transcript (slightly edited to read more easily, due to Twitter's 140 character limit)

CSR: "In order to get the higher point bonus, you have to already be a VX card holder. Apologies for any confusion."

Me: "That's strange! Why would I receive an offer in my email then if I don't currently have a VX card? This is the fine print of the email I received, it doesn't seem to mention that I already have to be a VX card holder before applying. [pasted screenshot of T&C] I wouldn't be trying to apply for a card if I already have a card; so a promotion requiring you to already have a CC before applying for a duplicate CC doesn't make sense."

CSR: "Again, the screenshot you sent, shows that the offers are given if you "apply" and get approval for the VX CC. Thank you."

Me: "I understand that. I think you misunderstand. I DO WANT to apply for a Virgin America credit card. I want the 30k bonus point offer. But when I go to apply, here's what I see. Note that the Bonus Point offers are different [screenshot of actual application, showing 10k/15k offers, not 20k/30k]"

CSR: "They will have the info for the general credit card offers. Promos are not going to be posted in the regular terms for the CC. You have to actually already have the card in order to get the promo."

Me: "I see. So you're saying I should apply for the card anyways even though it says 15k on the application? But I'll actually get 30k later?"

CSR: "Basically, the promo is for current card holders. Since the promo ends soon, you won't be able to apply for the extra points bc the cc process can take 7-14 business days for a response. You have to use the cc for the bonus. We cannot retroactively apply a promo. Thanks."

I still don't get it...why would I receive an offer in my email that's only for current existing VX card holders?

Last edited by optostar; May 30, 2015 at 1:59 pm