Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Double Virgin America Credit Card Bonus Until 5/31

Double Virgin America Credit Card Bonus Until 5/31

Reply

Old May 13, 15, 1:41 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 270
Double Virgin America Credit Card Bonus Until 5/31

I received an email for 2x bonus on the VX credit cards (i.e. 20k and 30k, respectively). Fees are still the same. Offer ends 5/31. Good deal?
sedubby is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 15, 2:08 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 640
Not bad. Could you post link from email?
medellinfein is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 15, 4:59 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: LAX, LGB, SNA
Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Posts: 3,179
Yes please post, if it's a one time use code, please post a screenshot with link blacked out.
hiima is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 15, 6:51 pm
  #4  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 270

sedubby is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 15, 8:21 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: LAX, LGB, SNA
Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Posts: 3,179
Originally Posted by sedubby View Post

And here I am trying to click "Apply now" furiously. Such a tease.
hiima is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 15, 1:03 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: BOS .. but soon SFO
Programs: UA PLAT, TK GLD, Hilton Diamond, IC PLAT, SPG GLD, Marriott GLD
Posts: 1,528
i applied for the 15k version, got approved, and took a VX flight for the status challenge

ended up logging into the wifi and noticed a 30k offer on that flight

I tried SM with a screen shot for a match and it was a No-Go. Called the CC and they had no idea what i was talking about
stupidzbu is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 15, 1:36 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 73
Originally Posted by hiima View Post
And here I am trying to click "Apply now" furiously. Such a tease.
lol...me too. I want to apply!!!
optostar is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 15, 1:48 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 73
Has anyone tried to apply for this? I just got the same email as OP today, and I clicked Apply Now, but the application page says 10k and 15k!!! Has anyone actually seen the application page confirm the 20k/30k? Or should I apply anyways and then if I don't get the 20k/30k, send them screenshots of the email I got?

Edit: I tried to message with Virgin America twitter customer service. They said in order to be eligible for the promo, I must already HAVE a Virgin America Visa card.

Transcript (slightly edited to read more easily, due to Twitter's 140 character limit)

CSR: "In order to get the higher point bonus, you have to already be a VX card holder. Apologies for any confusion."

Me: "That's strange! Why would I receive an offer in my email then if I don't currently have a VX card? This is the fine print of the email I received, it doesn't seem to mention that I already have to be a VX card holder before applying. [pasted screenshot of T&C] I wouldn't be trying to apply for a card if I already have a card; so a promotion requiring you to already have a CC before applying for a duplicate CC doesn't make sense."

CSR: "Again, the screenshot you sent, shows that the offers are given if you "apply" and get approval for the VX CC. Thank you."

Me: "I understand that. I think you misunderstand. I DO WANT to apply for a Virgin America credit card. I want the 30k bonus point offer. But when I go to apply, here's what I see. Note that the Bonus Point offers are different [screenshot of actual application, showing 10k/15k offers, not 20k/30k]"

CSR: "They will have the info for the general credit card offers. Promos are not going to be posted in the regular terms for the CC. You have to actually already have the card in order to get the promo."

Me: "I see. So you're saying I should apply for the card anyways even though it says 15k on the application? But I'll actually get 30k later?"

CSR: "Basically, the promo is for current card holders. Since the promo ends soon, you won't be able to apply for the extra points bc the cc process can take 7-14 business days for a response. You have to use the cc for the bonus. We cannot retroactively apply a promo. Thanks."

I still don't get it...why would I receive an offer in my email that's only for current existing VX card holders?

Last edited by optostar; May 30, 15 at 1:59 pm
optostar is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 15, 3:41 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: SF
Programs: UA, VX, QF, EY, VA
Posts: 756
I got the same email and same issue.

I.e. I log in and see the standard offer.

I don't get it...
patrick.barnes is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 15, 7:40 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 73
Thanks @patrick.barnes for confirming it wasn't just me. Doctor of Credit also said he's seeing the regular offers and recommended applying and filing a complaint with copies of the email and page showing the higher bonuses if I don't get the bonuses.

The CSR on Twitter just messaged me again out of the blue (I had stopped responding after that last message) and seems to confirm that this should work:

"Hi there, I would like to apologize for the earlier info given. When you go to sign up for the card, you will be shown the regular point bonus for the card. However, as long as you sign up before tomorrow, upon approval, once you use the cc, the bonus points will be applied. Apologies again 4 the confusion, you are shown the regular bonus point amount on the web."

Heading over to apply for both cards now! Hope this works, would be sad to waste a couple hard inquiries (Equifax too)!

Update:
Instant approval for the higher tier card (I think...I couldn't really tell from the application what I was applying for, it mentioned both cards in the disclosures). Was applying for the other card at the same time and it went to pending. Does anyone know if Comenity allows you to sign up for both cards on the same day?

Last edited by optostar; May 30, 15 at 7:53 pm
optostar is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 15, 10:11 pm
  #11  
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: SF
Programs: UA, VX, QF, EY, VA
Posts: 756
No idea, but I really hope VX moves this card back to an issuer with a clue.
patrick.barnes is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 15, 7:23 pm
  #12  
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: San Diego
Posts: 229
I got this offer via the mail and mine has an expiration of 06/15. You think it is worth it?
memphian901 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 15, 3:29 pm
  #13  
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 73
Originally Posted by memphian901 View Post
I got this offer via the mail and mine has an expiration of 06/15. You think it is worth it?
I personally thought it was worth it. VX is my favorite domestic airline and I live next to one of its major airports. I like their rates for booking with points too!

Update: I opened 2 cards (I think). Premium card was instant approval. For the regular card, Comenity sent me a letter to call them for more information, so I called yesterday. They just asked me questions from public records. After that I got instant approval on the phone. I'm still waiting for the cards to arrive but hopefully I got one Premium and one regular card (wouldn't mind if it was 2 Premiums though...).

The Virgin America email customer service also finally got back to me [6 days later] regarding why the bonus on the application was different from the email promo:
The Virgin America Visa credit card terms & conditions as listed on our website are more generic, and will address the bonuses associated with members who haven't received promotional email, since there are many different promotions sent throughout the year There are the specifics that address the promotion you received at the bottom of the email or mailed promotional piece received, and, once you've clicked through to apply or supplied the reference code, Comenity will have that promotion associated with your new Virgin America.

If the expiration date to apply for the offer has expired, please be aware that we are not able to extend the offer. As long as you are opted in to receive offers from Virgin America, you will likely receive another offer.
optostar is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 15, 4:44 pm
  #14  
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: San Diego
Posts: 229
Originally Posted by optostar View Post
I personally thought it was worth it. VX is my favorite domestic airline and I live next to one of its major airports. I like their rates for booking with points too!

Update: I opened 2 cards (I think). Premium card was instant approval. For the regular card, Comenity sent me a letter to call them for more information, so I called yesterday. They just asked me questions from public records. After that I got instant approval on the phone. I'm still waiting for the cards to arrive but hopefully I got one Premium and one regular card (wouldn't mind if it was 2 Premiums though...).

The Virgin America email customer service also finally got back to me [6 days later] regarding why the bonus on the application was different from the email promo:
The Virgin America Visa credit card terms & conditions as listed on our website are more generic, and will address the bonuses associated with members who haven't received promotional email, since there are many different promotions sent throughout the year There are the specifics that address the promotion you received at the bottom of the email or mailed promotional piece received, and, once you've clicked through to apply or supplied the reference code, Comenity will have that promotion associated with your new Virgin America.

If the expiration date to apply for the offer has expired, please be aware that we are not able to extend the offer. As long as you are opted in to receive offers from Virgin America, you will likely receive another offer.
I emailed CS as well and got the same damn message.

I think I'll be applying for this card as well.
memphian901 is offline  
Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread