FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Missing BA miles for airline partner - name mismatch
Old May 29, 2015, 2:42 am
GinFizz

Programs: SK EBG, BAEC Gold
So here I am on the way home (chilling - quite literally - in the F lounge in KUL) - at the end of a quick tier point run, that wasn't (or at least might not be ...).

Does anyone have any recent experience with claiming (eventually) TPs and Avios for a trip on a partner airline (MH) where the ticket was booked with the family name and given name reversed? My search on this forum for the dreaded "name mismatch" error, returned this thread - and I can see quite a few other threads/posts that sound encouraging, but some extra reassurance on this would be good ...

In one sense I don't really need the tier points - I booked the trip at a point when I expected to end my collection year just short of a GUF2 at 2500 TPs. Subsequently though I ended up with a couple of extra work trips so that is already taken care of. If these TPs do credit though, then I will now end my collection year at 155 short of triggering a 2xGUF1 mark... Given the new UUA costs I reckon that will be worth about 100,000 Avios, and so will probably book an extra trip while I am in Europe this summer (based in CPH, so that should be do-able). I'll be a bit miffed though if I do that and then don't get the TPs for this trip in the end!

I guess I should consider myself lucky that I was even able to check-in for the flights and to enjoy a couple of days overdosing on street-food in Penang I suspect that it wouldn't have all gone so smoothly if I was making a trip to the US. I should also have picked up on this before the trip, as I found I couldn't check my ticket on the MH mobile web-site, then when I called about that, and to reserve seats, both times the very helpful agent politely called me Mr. Gin several times. In my defence though, after living in China for many years, I have got used to people calling me Mr. Gin rather than Mr. Fizz (and even sometimes Mr. With-a-twist!).