Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Missing BA miles for airline partner - name mismatch

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2010, 10:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold

Flew MX in J but name booked onn ticket was not exactly as appears on BAEC card hence no miles/TP's. MX say it's BA's problem, BA have a claim form but this has no space to explain the mismatch - so rebooting the process will fail. What's the procedure (or shall i just give 'em up as lost?)
Old Apr 25, 2010, 1:12 pm

Programs: BA GGL, HH Diamond, SPG Plat, Le Club Plat
As long as you send in the proof - boarding card & ticket, you should not be refused ... said hopefully as I am about to claim for my missing TP's/miles on AA where I put my name/surname in the wrong order
Old Apr 25, 2010, 4:46 pm

Programs: BA Gfl / GGL + CCR , Amex Platinum, Amex BA Premium Plus
same thing happened to me with Malev - name was the wrong way round on the booking. I submitted the BA form, and then made a call to the Exec Club to explain the problem in more detail. Miles credited about 2 weeks later - probably faster than normal Malev miles would have!
Old May 29, 2015, 2:42 am

Programs: SK EBG, BAEC Gold
So here I am on the way home (chilling - quite literally - in the F lounge in KUL) - at the end of a quick tier point run, that wasn't (or at least might not be ...).

Does anyone have any recent experience with claiming (eventually) TPs and Avios for a trip on a partner airline (MH) where the ticket was booked with the family name and given name reversed? My search on this forum for the dreaded "name mismatch" error, returned this thread - and I can see quite a few other threads/posts that sound encouraging, but some extra reassurance on this would be good ...

In one sense I don't really need the tier points - I booked the trip at a point when I expected to end my collection year just short of a GUF2 at 2500 TPs. Subsequently though I ended up with a couple of extra work trips so that is already taken care of. If these TPs do credit though, then I will now end my collection year at 155 short of triggering a 2xGUF1 mark... Given the new UUA costs I reckon that will be worth about 100,000 Avios, and so will probably book an extra trip while I am in Europe this summer (based in CPH, so that should be do-able). I'll be a bit miffed though if I do that and then don't get the TPs for this trip in the end!

I guess I should consider myself lucky that I was even able to check-in for the flights and to enjoy a couple of days overdosing on street-food in Penang I suspect that it wouldn't have all gone so smoothly if I was making a trip to the US. I should also have picked up on this before the trip, as I found I couldn't check my ticket on the MH mobile web-site, then when I called about that, and to reserve seats, both times the very helpful agent politely called me Mr. Gin several times. In my defence though, after living in China for many years, I have got used to people calling me Mr. Gin rather than Mr. Fizz (and even sometimes Mr. With-a-twist!).
Old May 29, 2015, 2:54 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Just send a general webform in (not the "missing TP/Avios" form) with a brief description. It happens a lot, especially in the part of the world, so you will get your eligible TPs/Avios in due course. Note that some MAS fares earn no credit, and promotional upgrades also only get the base ticket's allocation, not the upgrade component. In terms of expectations management, you should allow 6 weeks for anything to happen, since both BA and MAS are slow at processing this sort of claim and there is currently a backlog.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 9:41 pm

Programs: BA Gold AVIS Presidents Club
Flew on an AY ticket 3 weeks back and am still waiting for TPs and Avios to be credited from the HKG--SYD QF leg. Other legs have posted. Submitted missing Avios form online to claim through BA. BA answered (electronically) saying that TP s etc had already been claimed for, had been credited to and were showing on my account - whereas they have not and are not. Appreciate advise to chase this error up ?

Tnx OF
Old Jul 26, 2016, 10:12 pm

Programs: EBD, BAEC GGL/CCR, Alitalia AlataPlus, Club Carlson Gold, SPG Plat100, HHD
Phone them, or email Exec Club (if you have access to an email). Alternatively use the genric web form for contact [not the missing Avios/TP one, which only works in straightforward cases as it is automated].
Old Jul 26, 2016, 10:15 pm

Programs: BA Gold AVIS Presidents Club
skba 1

^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.