FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Pullman Central Park Jakarta
View Single Post
Old May 26, 2015, 9:23 pm
gilbertaue

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Pullman Central Park Jakarta

This is my "go-to" Hotel in Jakarta. Location is great for getting into the city and also out to the airport.

The fact that it sits on top of a huge mall (Central Park Mall) with lots of food choices is a massive plus. Nothing worse than coming back from a day of meetings and then to only have two options a) eat in the hotel or b) take a taxi out, fight through the traffic AGAIN just to get some dinner.

Their own restaurant Collage has been consistently good and I tried the lunch time buffet once which was good too.

The hotel is quirky in design. So you either like it or you don't. Some odd art installations here and there, but some nice pop-art paintings too. (Odd art installation: White baby mannequin, jumping rope, with a red apple on his head).

Their Deluxe and Exec Deluxe rooms face the an apartment complex - not too much to see. Rooms have a shower INSIDE the bedroom. So if you are travelling with a work colleague / or just a friend, it may not be the best room.

Their Executive Suites and up face the Central Park courtyard (which is really nice at nice) and a nice view of Jakarta.

The lounge is big and serves breakfast, afternoon tea and a evening canape. Two computers and a medium sized meeting room too.

I normally book the Deluxe and get upgraded to the Exec Suite. The last trip I was upgraded to the Exec Deluxe room which is the same as the Deluxe (simply with lounge benefits) and I made a bit of noise. (ie "this isn't a real room upgrade; benefits for plat are both the lounge and the room."). My room was promptly changed.

Previous years the hotel had a fairly high staff turnover. When the new GM came in early last year, that has really improved and I have now seen the same staff in the lounge for the past 2 years). I'm there every couple of months and they remember my name, my wife's name and daughters name (even though the two girls seldom come with me).

The Exec Suite has a living room + bedroom. Bathroom is open (no door), but not directly inside the bedroom. And if you are with someone else, you can always sit in the living room. The living room has a separate toilet as well.

So here are the pictures. Any questions, ask away!

Executive Suite

Lounge

Last edited by gilbertaue; May 26, 2015 at 9:29 pm