FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - British Airways misses big time
View Single Post
Old May 23, 2015, 5:45 pm
NWIFlyer
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by defabrizio
I do go to North America often and have had Prem Econ before with BA. I fully expected a flight, double the length of a LHR > YYZ one, to have the same or better amenities than what I experienced on the Pacific.
Is this the issue - that somehow you were expecting WTP to be better than it was on the LHR-YYZ route? One of BA's strengths is its consistency across cabins above WT - so what you get in WTP on a shorter long-haul is also what you get on a much longer trip to Australia (with slight differences due to aircraft type and update timescales).

It does sound like BA delivered pretty much what you paid for - it's just that the price you paid represented terrible value, so understandably you're probably upset about that and possibly looking for someone to blame.

I'm afraid in the end you will have to chalk this down to experience - there is no way whatsoever the ASA is going to find BA remotely in breach of advertising regulations, just your expectations. Unfortunately that's not what the law is or can be based on!