FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - QR Lounges at HIA
View Single Post
Old May 22, 2015, 5:29 am
tmac100

Programs: BAEC Silver, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by TheDinge
Do you ask for an upgrade at the check-in counter, or do they automatically put you on the upgrade list?

I can see the list of upgrade requests in the US but wouldn't it be quite embarrassing to 'ask' for an upgrade
I was told @ check-in that I was on an upgrade waiting list since economy was overbooked. Two weeks previously, I was notified @ check-in that I was upgraded. No questions asked. This was while living in Qatar.

I have asked several airlines BA, IB, TK, etc about upgrade possibilities (for cash). Mixed results. Only once with AC did I get an OP-UP - and I had crutches and had just come off a wheel chair. Business class was nice - in fact (Aug 2010) I asked the FA (when she was serving us red wine from a bottle - the real nice stuff) if she had ever dreamed of having a million dollars. Her reply? Yes, every day.

My response? Here is your wish. Just don't spend it all in one place. I opened my hand and gave her a $1 million dollar note - Tanzanian dollars of course On landing she gave me the sweetest smile ( a million $ smile??) and said: "Thanks for the million dollar gift."

Onward. God Bless Us - Everyone.