FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is Emirates a financial scam?
View Single Post
Old May 22, 2015, 2:49 am
Enzokk

Originally Posted by Worcester
Does make you wonder though when you read about the conditions of the workers building the Qatar football stadiums. A team of BBC reporters were recently arrested for talking to people they were not meant to.

It seems that companies there are not expected to oporate in a transparent way, and those who raise concerns are arrested or worse.

I wonder therefore what the safety culture is like at these airlines.
If we were discussing Qatar and Qatar Airways, this would be applicable. Seeing as we are discussing Emirates only, I don't think there is much you can read from what happens in Qatar.

Originally Posted by FD1971
BTW, I really think we have passed the point about subsidies, even the apologists are trying to defend the subsidies now by demanding the same standards for everyone, so it seems to be quite obvious that they understood where all the money was coming from.
You were the one talking about subsidies and how all airlines used subsidies to survive. The comment then was, well if all airline use subsidies, why is it a problem for the ME3? You will note the "if" in the previous sentence. How you are seeing this as posters agreeing with you that, yes you have changed our minds and we agree with you, I don't know...

The problem still, other than words from your side, is that you haven't backed up anything that you have posted with articles that we can read to make up our own minds. The US3 paper isn't a credible source to show that EK is a scam. We do have IAG that commented that the paper is not accurate in its representation.

So please tell me, who should I believe. A poster on FT telling me he is an expert and I should just trust him, without any previous posts linking articles to prove his points (about the discussed topic, not woman's football or Qatar and FIFA). Or IAG, who are in competition with the ME3 at the same time as all other airlines?