FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - EI to wetlease three B757-200s and one B767
Old May 21, 2015, 11:25 am
ken555

Programs: Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by mherdeg
And row 3 (which has lots of legroom) is actually configured 2-3-2, not 2-2-2 as shown in advance on the seatmap. Same with row 4, also 2-3-2, not 2-2-2 as shown on the seatmap.

So the seats in rows 1-4 are not wider or set up in a 2-2-2 style.

No IFE.

I am not sure in what sense these front-row seats constitute "premium seats" and might justify a $30 buy-up.
I was on this flight earlier this week. I had 3D, ironically after having a ticket for 2D only to be told that seat isn't available so they moved me to 3D (as there is no seat 2D). Row 3 does have a lot of room, though it's not premium in any way. It also has the pleasure of being one of the few paths passengers may transit from side to side as the flight crew continually closed curtains directly in front of us and so confused passengers where they could go, even though the toilets were past the curtains. So during the flight there were at least 30 (mostly rude, with some exceptions) people who forcibly moved over my legs to cross the plane (one even woke me to obtain my permission to do so...). I don't know why these people couldn't walk four feet further and cross in the service area. So "your" space may not be all that much of an advantage. For those of you unlucky enough to be on this plane, I'd recommend 2A/C (or 2H/K) instead.

The image you show of the layout is definitely incorrect, as you know. In addition to the error of the seat layout in the front of the plane there is no separation after row 10 and no toilets at that location. There were at least 15 rows (possibly more) before the mid-plane service area.

The flight crew was decent, helpful, and did their best (they were Omni staff), though we did bounce a bit upon landing... The only EI employee on the flight was a condescending jerk in a green jacket who, when told I was involuntarily downgraded from business, said he would stop by en route to discuss and provide some paperwork to assist with a refund. Needless to say he never showed up, not even at/after landing when he sat in the row directly behind me. I sent my request for a 75% refund today and hopefully EI won't cause too much grief in obtaining it.