FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Questions re: trans-con flights
View Single Post
Old Mar 31, 2003, 8:25 am
flyinggolfer

I just did my first JFK-LGB flights last weekend. With the exception of my reserved aisle seat being "lost" as I was checking in it was a great experience and I'll certainly fly JB again. With regards to your questions.

1. It didn't seem that a large percentage of the passengers brought food aboard. I didn't notice any bad odors, but my sense of smell was never a strong point. <g> Since it was an am flight, my wife and I brought a couple of bagels with us. The flight attendants made multiple "trash" runs.

2. I can't really help you out on this one other than to say beer and wine were available. All beverages were available at all times.

3. Coffee and tea was always available and the coffee was pretty good.

4. Plenty of pillows and blankets outbound from JFK. There was a pillow shortage on the return segment.

In general the service was excellent and enthusiastic. The attendants were genuinely interested in the passengers comfort. After takeoff there was a beverage/snack service (chips etc...) then later in the flight another beverage service with a JB SnakPak (cheese and crackers). But you could get whatever you wanted whenever either by calling the attendant or walking to the back of the aircraft.
Both airports were painless although it took 30 min. for the security line at JFK. It seemed like an eternity since I've been spoiled with the elite security lines at EWR. Also it's worth noting that, although it appeared endless when we arrived, the JFK check-in line moved very rapidly. It took us 10 minutes from arrival to clear. Boarding and deplaning are extremely fast as well with luggage (golf bag, what else?) showing up promptly on both sides. Would I fly JB trans-con again? I look forward to it.

------------------