FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta Air Lines offers free flights for stranded Amtrak passengers
Old May 15, 2015, 10:00 pm
kettle1

Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card
Originally Posted by bdlman
Well lets call a spade a spade. Delta is doing this because the New York Times published an article criticizing delta for charging $1300 one way or something super high on the LGA-DCA shuttle and they call out delta specifically.

This is a PR move, that article has been well discussed in the tri state area and local NY media has been reporting what people think is price gauging on the route too. I know the way airlines price so I don't think its price gauging but there have been a lot of reports in the NY local media on this, delta is trying to do some damage control. I am not saying its wrong I think its a good move this has been a lot of coverage but they did this for damage control that's reality
OP here: I am sure this is a PR move, but what is a full Y price on these shuttle flts? If it was $1300 prior to this accident - it is what it is, if not - that is a problem. I live on the West Coast and do not take these flts, I found the news release 3 mins after hitting Yahoo.

Is US/AA offering free flts?