FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What is the best DVD ripper?
View Single Post
Old May 6, 2015, 12:46 am
KenF

Programs: BA-Gld, BD Lifetime Gld, LH Pleb, *Wd GPG, HH-Dmd, Amex: can take their Cent card and <CENSORED>
If it really was burned to DVD (i.e. you have a copy on a recordable DVD+/-R) then it is very very unlikely to be encrypted or region-coded, so the answer is pretty much "drag and drop". You can either just copy the entire file structure from the DVD and then use your DVD authoring package of choice to stick it on another blank, or create an ISO image (When I'm forced to use M$ Windoze, I find ImgBurn a good tool, apart from the annoying sound effects) and burn to disk with, again, your preferred standard authoring package (or, indeed, ImgBurn).

If what you have is a commercial pressed disk then you would need to first remove any CSS protection, a subject which, as an IT security professional, I would, of course, have no knowledge of.......

......however, you may well find the good folks on Doom9 may have some experience in this area...

Ken.

Willard the Bear - I am not now, nor have I ever been, a member of the doom9 community.....